Friday, April 13, 2018

GRINGOS IN MEXICO

Please see original post here:   http://themorningcalll.blogspot.com/2011/01/gringos-in-mexico.html

GRINGOS IN MEXICO


I'm seriously thinking about living in Mexico and commuting to work. After about ten years of living in spaces equivalent in size to a dorm room, I'd like to surround myself with lots of beauty and wide open space. If I could live outside in nature, I would. But, I'll settle for a lot of outdoor living.Here is part of my research for what I think I need to know first. Maybe it will help someone else: if the links are not clickable, simply cut and paste to your browser.

GRINGOS IN TJ MEXICO: FIVE PEOPLE - FIVE REASONS

YOUNG VIDEO BLOGGER of LIFE in TJ: (check out Traveling Fresh Market) http://www.youtube.com/user/FurryCloud





Other lessons- 



SENTRI PASS: 20 30 MINUTE WAIT AT THE BORDER INFO:http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/trusted_traveler/sentri/sentri.xml




DEATHS OF US CITIZENS IN MEXICO (MORE IN 2 DAYS in U.S. than ALL YEAR in MEXICO): http://www.mexicomike.com/safety/safety-UsStateDepartment.html


FOR CELL SERVICE DOWNLOAD SKYPE for MOBILE DEVICE $6.00 - $12.00 PER MON: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-mobile/download/


MAP: (POET'S PERSPECTIVE - SINCERE DESCRIPTIVE BLOG POST / "A GEOGRAPHICAL & HISTORICAL MEANDER" 

SAFETY: (A SURFING BLOGGER WHO REPORTS ON CRIME IN LOCAL NEIGHBORHOODS IN TIJUANA W/O THE GLOSS)

To live there and still properly serve our congregation in San Diego, I'd need to commute at least three times a week to work (as many people, thousands, do daily.) Maybe stay over a night or two during the week. But being a little more remote would be similar to living in Ocean Beach or Escondido or Point Loma, etc... where it takes a little bit of time to negotiate and maneuver through traffic. I'd be going from zero commute to about 45 minutes - 1hour. I'd sort of be en-forcing (on myself,) appropriate boundaries and separation or work and play for the time being, which would be a good thing.
I'm contemplating how moving there may also be an affordable solution in order to have the kind of living space/ lifestyle I'd like and on my days off, to rest, relax, create, write, and also do the work of study and feasibility in regard to a Home for Children we'd like to establish in Mexico.

What it would afford is immersion in the language, an open ocean view, plenty of light, and plenty of space for myself and family/ friends, a large kitchen, a large patio, and an office/ art & Writing studio (which I would not have to break down, clear off, or set up every time I feel creative/ inspired.)

Many people ask why do this (orphanage) in Mexico ... Why not the U.S.? My answer, besides the fact that US dollars don't go as far here as they do there. Not personally or professionally, or in regards to donations for the Home for Children, is that the Lord called me to Mexico not the US. I too have these questions, but the notion came to me when i was twelve, so I'd say it's a bit over-due... I'm a hesitant, reluctant, resistant servant, and constantly tempted to pull back.

Also children are children, borders are arbitrary, and with approximately 210 million orphans in the world - depending on how you define "orphan" - If there is ever to be a heaven of earth, let's just say we need to start somewhere/ anywhere!

Also anything that helps build or strengthen the neighbor, helps increase resourcefulness, or develops independence; helps everyone. We're all connected. As Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. put it:
"All I'm saying is simply this, that all life is interrelated, that somehow we're caught in an inescapable network of mutuality tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly. For some strange reason, I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be... This is the interrelated structure of reality."

Emanuel Swedenborg maintained the same. Scripture maintains the same That the Lord blesses universally. That the rain falls on the just and the unjust... That the Lord God is One God and Divine help and healing is therefore holistic. So if we are truly discerning in our help and support that we give... And we're confident (enuf) that we're doing the right thing... making good decisions... to the best of our ability and thus in the Flow of Divine Providence... So, if a single person or group of people gets helped and is going to be blessed; then we also, ALL of us, everyone will beblessed.

So I am discerning, praying, meditating, and considering all aspects, hoping that I will make the right decision, not based solely on my own will but "Thy will be done."
I am again reminded of MLK's words...
"And if we will only make the right choice, we will be able to transform this pending cosmic elegy into a creative psalm of peace. If we will make the right choice, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our world into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. If we will but make the right choice, we will be able to speed up the day, all over America and all over the world, when "justice will roll down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream." ~ Martin Luther King (last paragraph in the speech, "A Time to Break Silence"

And as an author friend of mine (Stephen Gladdish) appends his emails: "follow your heart...live your adventure...create miracles and change the world"

And as William Hutchinson Murray (1913-1996), wrote in his 1951 book entitled  The Scottish Himalayan Expedition“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way... ...Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.”

And as my sister puts it when its time to move on something: "Buck up lil' Buckaroo!

Or appending my Dad's words..."EeehhhQuitcherbelleyachinandgetonwithit"

Or as Goethe put it ...and my Brother might have quoted from Faust I:
" Der Worte sind genug gewchselt, lasst mich auch endlich Taten sehn!  Or in English: "Enough words have been exchanged; now at last let me see some deeds!" Faust I


No comments:

Post a Comment